Tag Archives: carry out

What Do You Call a Food Order Removed From a Restaurant?


In most of America, it’s called “take out,” but in the Midwest, especially in Illinois and Indiana, as well as in Detroit and in Washington, DC, it’s called “carry out.”

This information is documented in a map in Josh Katz’s book, Speaking American.

Leave a comment

Filed under All things having to do with the English language