The website Grammarly has a list of 10 signs you might be a grammar nerd. My thanks to Brian B., always on the lookout for something up my linguistic alley.
1. You use standard spelling, capitalization, and punctuation when you text.
2. You have appointed yourself as “honorary proofreader” of your friends’ social media posts.
3. You know how and when to use “affect” and “effect.”
4. You feel compelled to correct poorly written public signs. It isn’t vandalism if you’re correcting it, right?
5. The thought of posting a writing error online mortifies you.
6. You have an opinion about the Oxford comma.
7. You follow Grammarly on Facebook and Twitter.
8. You’re a regular contributor to the #grammar hashtag in social media.
9. The sound of a double negative makes you cringe.
10. You mentally edit all the books and magazines you read.